Holy smokes these Chocolate Peanut Butter balls are SO good!! And to think they are allowed on my strict food plan every couple weeks is insane to me!
I’ve had such a big response from my post, I decided to put the recipe up on my blog to make it easier for everyone to access! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Ok…here’s the recipe!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!
SERVES: 24 (1 ball each) Prep Time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 8 min.
1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
1 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
¾ cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
8 oz. semisweet chocolate, 62% cocoa or higher, chopped
2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, unrefined
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Parchment paper, toothpics
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Combine peanut butter, cornstarch, coconut flour, and maple syrup in a medium bowl; blend well with a spatula until mixture forms a uniform dough.
3. Using clean hands, shape dough into twenty-four (24) 1-inch balls; place a toothpick in the center of each ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Fill small saucepan with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. (I actually used the microwave method from below since I didn’t really have a double type boiler or heat proof mixing bowl that could be used on the stove top)
5. Place a heat-proof mixing bowl over saucepan. Add chocolate and oil. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just melted. Make sure water does not splash into the bowl.
6. Remove balls from refrigerator. Hold a ball by the toothpick and dip into chocolate, swirling to completely coat. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with each ball. (For any uncoated areas, coat carefully with a spoon dipped into chocolate.)
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until chocolate has hardened. 8. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
TIPS: • You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. Place morsels and oil in microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until just melted. Do not overcook.
• To prevent the balls from sticking to your hands when you roll them, lightly coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 134 Total Fat: 9 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 57 mg Carbohydrates: 12 g Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 8 g Protein: 4 g
21 Day Fix/80 Day Obsession (ReFeed Day only) Container Count – 1 Yellow + 1 tsp