Are you a fan of all things pumpkin like me? I absolutely love pumpkin anything during this time of year…not just for all things fall…but the weather here in Arizona is finally starting to cool off and we’re getting to enjoy the outdoors again!! More on that later!
If you’re craving something pumpkin-flavored for breakfast, forget about a sugary pumpkin spiced latte and go for these wholesome pumpkin protein pancakes instead. Not only do they have a lot less sugar and fat than most, they are also packed with 22 grams of protein. Now that sounds like a much better way to enjoy this fall flavor.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 servings, 3 small pancakes each
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large egg whites (⅓ cup)
- 1 tsp . pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 scoop whey protein powder , vanilla flavor
- ½ tsp . ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp . ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp . reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- Combine pumpkin, almond milk, egg whites, and extract a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Combine oats, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add oat mixture to pumpkin mixture; mix until just blended.
- Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat. Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 90 seconds, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide pancakes between two serving plates; top evenly with yogurt.
Tip: Leftover pancakes can be reheated in the toaster.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Sodium: 364 mg
Carbohydrates: 47 g
Fiber: 12 g
Sugars: 9 g
(Source: Team Beachbody Blog)